I spent the weekend submerged in, surrounded and inundated by inspiration. I don’t know if it’s the independent-minded spirit of that big nation to the north or a certain DIY aesthetic, but this stuff is amazing:
– Haida art. Check this, this, and this out. First saw it in Vancouver a few weeks ago and then again this weekend, and the images have been floating in my head ever since.
– Slightly related to the previous: Emily Carr.
– Worn journal.
– preloved. Specifically, my newly acquired fashioned-old-sweaters preloved fall wardrobe.
– the new Manu Chao album (which isn’t really Canadian in any sense, except that I heard a sick track off it blasting from the speakers of a record shop while I was walking down Mont Royal in Montreal this afternoon.)
– Première Moisson, quite possibly the best bakery chain ever.
But more on Canadian gustatory delights tomorrow.